Wednesday, July 26, 2006

 

Feast of Saints Anne and Joachim

I only just recalled that today is the feast day of the above, parents of Our Lady. I had lunch today here, a place that works very well, considering that it's a cafe inside a church. What makes it even better is that the Church itself is quite high, with a good big statue of our Lady in a corner with votive candles, and a little statue of Our Lady of Walsingham in the chapel holding the blessed sacrament (nicely away from those unlikely to genuflect to Jesus). The cafe's also vegetarian, just like the early Christians were. I also picked up a good few books, some from the Cathedral library, and others from Waterstones. I also had a good rummage in the SPCK, but couldn't find the texts I wanted. I'll go into books in another post.
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?